https://baldingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/logo-small-300x62.png 0 0 William Rassman, M.D. https://baldingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/logo-small-300x62.png William Rassman, M.D.2008-01-25 10:32:372008-01-23 11:00:21I Have Hairy Shoulders, Back, and Chest -- Will I Have MPB?
Hi Doc. I have a few questions regarding male pattern balding and hormones.
- I obviously have a lot of DHT as I am 22 and have hair on my shoulders, back and chest and had bad acne growing up. Does this mean that I will be more susceptible to MPB?
- I have a widows peak that I inherited from my father. He is in his 50’s and the only extent of balding happened before his mid twenties that resulted in a pronounced widows peak. Does this mean That I will probably follow his pattern? if I have more DHT that he does is there a greater chance that I will have more balding…or is your pattern of balding predetermined…regardless of the amount of DHT you have.
- I have noticed miniaturized hair falling out every once in a while, they are thin but still as long as the rest of the hair. Does this always mean MPB or does some hair naturally miniaturize. (could other scalp conditions cause this, such as dermatitis)
I appreciate any info you can offer regarding these questions. Excellent site, keep up the good work.
- Having “lots” of DHT does not necessarily mean you will have MPB. You need to have the gene for MPB. Just having hairy shoulders, back, and chest does not necessarily mean you have “lots” of DHT either.
- You may or may not follow your father’s hair pattern. There is no way to tell for certain.
- Miniaturized hair does not necessarily mean you have MPB. Men with MPB have miniaturized hair in certain “patterns” — thus, the term male pattern baldness (MPB).