I have slight frontal balding and some thinning at the top of my head. I have no blad spot yet but its getting close to that. I am 28, my dad was completely bald on top, a stage 7 I guess. I have been using Propecia for 3 weeks.
I have 3 questions,
- Is Nisim or Nizoral any help to my hair loss?
- Seeing my father lost almost all of his hair on top am I wasting my time trying to prevent my hair loss.
- Do you know of any good hair loss doctors in the Tampa, Florida area.
Thanks in advance.
If you are 28 years old and are not completely bald as your father almost certainly was, then you will probably not be following his pattern. All Class 7 men have lost most of their hair before they were 28 and if you have no bald spot now, I would doubt that you would in the Class 7 hair loss pattern. If you get your hair mapped out for miniaturization you might be able to tell where you will be losing more hair, possibly even when (short term vs long term). See an expert and find out for yourself.
The answers to your questions are as follows:
- I’ve said it before, but, “Nizoral is a good shampoo. I do not believe it is necessarily good at regrowing hair. There is not enough scientific data to support hair growth claims.” As for Nisim, they make yet another herbal product that is not proven by the FDA to work. As regular readers of this site should know, I do not recommend products that aren’t FDA approved for treating hair loss. You can try it if you want. They say they offer a guarantee, but I’ll leave that up to you. Buyer beware.
- The choice for you is to be proactive or not. I think that you are not going to follow your father’s pattern, considering you said he was a class 7 by the time he was your age.
- I usually do not supply referrals for transplant docs, but you can check ISHRS.org‘s physician search to find one in your area. Be sure to use the internet to research the doctor you chose.