From the article:
Jacob Vara, of Corona [California], loves playing baseball and wears his Yankees cap everywhere.
He has worn it ever since he was 10 months of age when he tugged on a wire attached to an electric grill and spilled searing hot cooking oil on himself. He suffered second- and third-degree burns in an accident that left him with a softball-sized bald spot on the front of his head.
Read the full story — Corona boy undergoes rare hair transplant
Although the article states that they transplanted 1500 follicles from the back of his neck, I assume that means the doctors got 1500 grafts from the donor area (above the neck). The author of the article likely doesn’t fully understand what he was writing about, so errors like that can and do occur. Obviously, transplanting a child is not a usual procedure, but this is a case of a large bald spot due to a burn. I hope this young man has an excellent result that will give him confidence that he deserves.