I’ve recently switched from using liquid Minoxidil to the foam version, and I’ve noticed a few differences. The foam leaves my hair less greasy, which is a plus, and it’s also reduced the itchiness on my scalp, which I’m happy about. However, I’ve been wondering if the reduced itchiness means that less Minoxidil is getting absorbed into my scalp. Also, I find it a bit more challenging to get the foam directly onto my scalp compared to the liquid.
I’d really appreciate any insights or advice from those who have made a similar switch or have experience with the foam version. Thanks!
Minoxidil works in only 40% of men because the remaining 60% do not have the enzyme in the scalp to convert minoxidil into minoxidil sulfate, the active for of the drug that brings on the hair. The pill, on the other hand, works on all men because the liver converts the minoxidil into its active form. The liquid is better than the foam because you can get it on the scalp where it belongs, while too much foam goes on the hair, which does little good. The goal for the topical minoxidil is to get it on the scalp not the hair.