The post he commented on is the following: https://baldingblog.com/new-report-that-finasteride-does-not-cause-sexual-side-effects/
Comment: This survey method is so flawed that its ‘findings’ are not just unhelpful, but actually misleading. It’s really quite simple actually.
They just surveyed a bunch of guys who had been taking Propecia for hair loss and compared it to presumably random guys who were not on Propecia. If you develop side effects from Propecia, which often happens fairly early on, you are going to stop the drug quickly. 85% of the guys surveyed had taken Propecia > 12 months so you can be sure they didn’t have side effects. Even the other 15% would have likely filtered out most of the guys with side effects.
That’s why the authors erroneously conclude finasteride use resulted in no connection to sexual dysfunction. Their own data doesn’t even show that. Their data shows the finasteride group had a lower incidence of sexual dysfunction but that is only after you naturally exclude people who quit due to side effects. To say this study is controversial would be to give it way too much credit. It’s just flawed.