https://baldingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/logo-small-300x62.png 0 0 William Rassman, M.D. https://baldingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/logo-small-300x62.png William Rassman, M.D.2009-08-25 14:34:282009-08-21 12:42:52When Will I See Propecia Benefits... and Does Showering Cause Hair Loss?
hi dr Rassman,
i have a few questions i havent seen an answer to on here,
- how long does it take to see results from propecia? is 6 months the normal time it takes or can it take longer?
- when do u think cloning will be made available to the public? ( i know there is no way to tell)
- i used to spray rogain 5% on my hairline, however around 2 weeks back i switched and started using a dropper which probably meant im putting on my minoxidil than when i was using a
sprayer, the areas i have been applying it to have thinned out, could this be because im using more minox now with the dropper?
- Does showering everyday cause or worsen hairloss? what temperature is best?
- For Propecia results, I’d say 6-12 months. Benefits could be just halting the hair loss, not necessarily regrowth… so keep that in mind when you’re looking at results.
- Getting hair cloning to be effective and reliable is the first step. Making it available to the public is quite another. Maybe it’ll be ready in another decade or so, but nobody knows. I’m not sure how you haven’t seen me answer a question about hair cloning before. I’ve probably written the same thing over a dozen times already.
- Why did you switch from the Rogaine sprayer to the dropper? It could be that you’re not covering the same area. Using more minoxidil in the area shouldn’t cause hair loss, but using less might.
- Showering daily won’t cause hair loss, though if you’ve already got weak hair on its way out, be gentle to your hair when shampooing. Actually, you should be gentle regardless. Use whatever temperature is comfortable.