March 15 2006, 8:36 am PT | Posted in: Hair Loss Causes
I am losing my eyebrows hair (23-male).
- Can dandruff be a reason for it?
- Do you always recommend scalp hair for translpanting to eyebrows? Can chest hair be used? Or armpit hair?
- I have always heard about scarring at donor site. Are there scars or marks at recipient site ever?
Thank You very much indeed.
There are many reasons for eyebrow hair loss, including hypothyroidism, plucking, trichotillomania, psoriasis with scratching, dermatitis, infection, any inflammation process, and a series of autoimmune problems including alopecia areata/totalis. Using hair at the occipital area to transplant by single strands to the eyebrow areas is the best way to do it.
- Dandruff is not the cause for it.
- Experience with other body hair (armpit, chest hair, leg hair) is not well documented and must be looked at as experimental at this stage.
- I have never seen scars in the recipient area.