First of all thank you very much for the help you have given on this forum. I have had two HT operation 1000 FUE(1.5 years ago, worked very well) and 2000 FUT (3 months ago). My question is has to do with HT results and I would appreciate if you could answer;
- I saw pictures of more than 5K-6K grafts but has poor coverage/appearance compared to some 3K graft transplantation? Even, the pictures are from the same clinic. What are the reasons of this inconsistency?
- Most of the pictures show hairlines and first half of the top. How about the crown? Is it a common practice to leave crown bald? Is it because the budget or a bald person does not have enough donor for front and crown so has to select one?
- Does hair loss stop or decrease rate with the age? My lost started at age 26-27 with diffuse pattern now I am 31. A diffuse pattern goes till NW-7 or NW-6 or NW-6 with some diffuse hair still on top and crown?
Thank you very much.
Three months after a hair transplant should not produce enough hair to show any significant results. Wait a full 8 months to see the results of the second surgery.
- There could be a variety of reasons for that. Patient A and Patient B could have different hair color, skin color, hair characteristics, degree of balding, etc. Or it could be different techniques used (many clinics have damage problems with FUE grafts, for example). There’s just a lot of variables that could be the reason.
- The transplantation of hair in the crown does depend upon many factors, again including donor density, scalp laxity, thickness of the hair shafts, and the degree of balding. It may not be possible to transplant an entire head with a Norwood class 7 pattern of balding, but I have done it in patients with great hair qualities (see Patient ZU here, for example).
- Only about 7% of men go as far as a class 7 pattern, about 20% a class 6/7 pattern… and most of these men with the class 7 pattern have clear signs of it before the age of 30. You need to be evaluated by a doctor like myself or Dr. Pak that specializes in this field if your doctor does not answer this question for you.